SotG Forum Index SotG
Stature of the Gods Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Druid nerf? lol
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dashmidu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Druid nerf? lol Reply with quote

I tried out the new test server heres the results:

Before:
HP = 12518
Armor = 25167

In tank gear and with self buff!

Patch:
HP = 11574
Armor = 22851

Tank gear and self buff...

Tbh, this aint a big nerf.. we will still be able to tank properly in end game instances, i lost 944hp and 2316armor. Im only in blue and green tanking stuffs, how will it be when everyone walks around in epics? The only thing that was nerf was the damage.. i only did 1200 mangle in tank gear, /cry Smile

/dashmidu!
Insanara

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't the issue people are complaining about, its the thing about holding, getting agro... Bear form's dmg output have been nerfed by removing specific talents to apply to maul,swipe, mangle(bear). How ever we do get a rage normilization in return.

However most people are forgetting that abilities aint the only thing keeping agro, fx white hits/crits still do the exact same dmg, also with the rage normilization you would likely be able to throw in a couple of more mauls 'n swipes.
Well, people have gone too far complaining about this, i even saw a druid saying the savage fury was the best tanking talent, and now it got nerfed to hell... Though it would be most obvious that the tier 2 talent feral instinct that increase threat shouldn't be considered useless, and from my experience i can hold agro without it, easily, in a feral-farm spec

This is a FIX not a nerf
Feeler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insanara wrote:

This is a FIX not a nerf

!
Steelshade

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general you'd be using every ability you had whenever it was off cooldown tho. I don't do any whites while tanking, I only have mauls and in between swipes or mangles. There is no white and for us there was no need at all for more rage.

That is why people complain. Mangle has gone from 164% of a 2.5 speed attack + 216 dmg to 100% of 2.5 speed attack + 174.

So we get an instant 2.5 speed attack that does about 500 dmg. Woohoo great waste of a 41 point talent.
Greedo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atleast it's more usefull than the holy paladin 41 point talent xD
Insanara

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't just get a 41 talent that gives a instant 500 dmg attack, you also get a 1k non crit hit in cat form... it seems like people are only focussed around the talent tree part that buffs the bearform, people do not seem to understand they aren't supposed to have dmg output in bearform, but agro
Steelshade

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insanara wrote:
You don't just get a 41 talent that gives a instant 500 dmg attack, you also get a 1k non crit hit in cat form... it seems like people are only focussed around the talent tree part that buffs the bearform, people do not seem to understand they aren't supposed to have dmg output in bearform, but agro

I'd like to see 1k non crits in catform without full raid buffs on a normal target tbh.

I've got almost the best gear you can get and my crits end at 2.1k in catform. That is with the 1.15% modifier. And that also happens to be on shade of aran fully sundered and fearie fired so he has 0 armor and I happen to have all dmg pots available bar a flask of relentless assault.
MentalTino

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

showoff

Lag? You're bitching to me about Lag? Look at Jesus! When he died, it took him 3 freaking days to respawn
Sahota

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop braggin
Psychohara

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Steelshade

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Hotfix 3/06/07

* The Druid ability Lacerate will now land a small amount of instant damage, causing it to generate threat against bleed-immune creatures.
* The Druid ability Mangle (Bear) will now generate 50% bonus threat.

Additional explanation for these fixes and information on Armor:

We’ve taken a close look at constructive feedback provided on our Druid Bear changes, and are hotfixing the following changes today:

1. Lacerate will now do a small amount of direct damage to the target. This means it will generate threat rather than an immune message when used on bleed-immune creatures. However, bleed-immune creatures will still not receive the debuff from Lacerate. This should address concerns about Druids being able to tank in specific bleed-immune encounters.

2. Mangle (Bear) now generates 50% bonus threat on its damage. We realized that in reducing Mangle damage, we made it less useful as a snap aggro tool. This threat bonus moves it back up to almost where it was before the 2.0.10 changes.

In addition, we examined concerns about the best Feral Druid armor pieces being outdoor world quest rewards, and Druids feeling their tanking ability would not scale with better gear. We are adjusting superior and epic leather pieces designed to be used by Bear Druids and increasing the armor on many of those items, particularly raid sets. These changes, however, will not show up until patch 2.1.0.
Sahota

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid fewal dwoids go speck healing !
Pearl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelshade wrote:
*Hotfix 3/06/07

* The Druid ability Lacerate will now land a small amount of instant damage, causing it to generate threat against bleed-immune creatures.
* The Druid ability Mangle (Bear) will now generate 50% bonus threat.

Additional explanation for these fixes and information on Armor:

We’ve taken a close look at constructive feedback provided on our Druid Bear changes, and are hotfixing the following changes today:

1. Lacerate will now do a small amount of direct damage to the target. This means it will generate threat rather than an immune message when used on bleed-immune creatures. However, bleed-immune creatures will still not receive the debuff from Lacerate. This should address concerns about Druids being able to tank in specific bleed-immune encounters.

2. Mangle (Bear) now generates 50% bonus threat on its damage. We realized that in reducing Mangle damage, we made it less useful as a snap aggro tool. This threat bonus moves it back up to almost where it was before the 2.0.10 changes.

In addition, we examined concerns about the best Feral Druid armor pieces being outdoor world quest rewards, and Druids feeling their tanking ability would not scale with better gear. We are adjusting superior and epic leather pieces designed to be used by Bear Druids and increasing the armor on many of those items, particularly raid sets. These changes, however, will not show up until patch 2.1.0.

U wish.
Insanara

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expelliarmus wrote:
Stupid fewal dwoids go speck healing !

Steelshade

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pearl wrote:
U wish.

The official link for wow-eu: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=220712071&sid=1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SotG Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 3 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: